When it was still cold I spied this piece of wood (no pressboard crap) furniture by the road. It’s half cabinet and half drawers. A true find! I was on foot so I had to abandon the drawers in order to haul the main piece home. Fortunately it wasn’t too heavy. More fortunately the drawers were still there upon my return. Not that I thought they’d make a break for it once set free… I just hoped no other passerby would find 3 smallish drawers all that is interesting.
Only once I had it home did I notice the front left leg was a bit chewed up. What the hell?? I guessed a dog might have done the damage (or a big cat?) but I couldn’t think why a pet would gnaw on just the one leg.
I decided to do a quick-n-dirty repair with spackle. I know that’s unorthodox and remembered about wood filler after the fact. Oh well.
Somebody had stained the piece dark brown. Nothing wrong with that but I wanted color. First a coat of prime.
I decided to get brave/experimental with the colors. I am more inclined to do this on a roadside freebee. As always I just selected from what I already have. Even these paints, except the white, were free, abandoned. This is with one coat of color. I could add another if the spirit moves me. I am super happy with how it turned out. (By the by, now that I think about it, everything on top also was free – from past finds and giveaways, except the actual plant and the lamp shade.)